Baby pictures – Monet and Mabel
By Angie Quantrell @AngieQuantrell
Today is National Pet Day.
Here are our two highly energetic and trouble-seeking felines, Mabel and Monet.
The sisters are camera shy and any attempt to take photos results in instant movement, waltzing away from the scene, aloof attitudes, or disdainful staring away from the camera. Loving eye shots are not allowed. No. Not at all.
Mabel of the gorgeous eyes
Our cats love to:
– climb the walls (literally)
– chase, capture, and bring in wildlife (birds, worms, mice, rats)
– pretend they live at the home of neighbors (your choice; we see them regularly lazing in the yards or coming home from 5 different yards – none of which are ours)
– leave hair everywhere
– recline on the kitchen table
– claim any unfurred piece of furniture until it is redecorated in white, gray, and tan fur
– play catch the lazer (or string, or cord, or feathers, or toes…)
– steal rubberbands
– eat daddy-long-legs
– try and potty in the garden beds
– tease the neighborhood bully cat with friendship, and then turn about squawling as if ripped limb from limb (this also results in the male boy spraying regularly on several key locations, house included)
– race loudly and wildly through the house
– be wherever we are
– sleep on fuzzy blankets
Monet with the striped tail
Oh, there is more. They are cats. You get the idea. We are not allowed cat fur free clothing, bird feeders, or litter free carpets.
But we love them. Entertainment, affection, company, lap warmers, snugglers. I guess we’ll keep them.
Monet depositing hair and cat litter
Do you need some great ideas of things to do on National Pet Day? I found a Web site that shared several suggestions. Just click this link. National Pet Day
What kind of pets do you have? I’d love to see and hear about them.
Mabel claiming the center of the bed
Happy National Pet Day!