Reading for Research Month is here! March Madness of the Picture Book World, here we come!
This is my 4th or 5th year participating in ReFoReMo. Happy 5 years to #ReFoReMo! Focused blog posts guide researchers (us) to read picture books that illustrate the information found in blog posts. I look forward to this month as an opportunity to read lots of picture books and study their techniques, formats, and picture book elements. If you love picture books, this month of reading is for you.
Is it a coincidence that Reading for Research Month occurs the same month as Read Aloud Day on March 2? I think not (or maybe so, but it is a cool coincidence.)
Read, friends. Read.
Great things happen during ReFoReMo:
– picture books are read, studied, dissected
– blog posts are shared by professionals in the kidlit field
– the kidlit community gives support to one another
– interaction between fellow writers, authors, bloggers, and kidlit enthusiasts is invigorating and addicting
– learning about picture books, in oh so many ways, grows in direct correlation to the amount of time spent reading and studying PB texts
– libraries are flooded with requests for picture books (which, as we all know, trickles back to authors – yay!)
– so much fun to be had!
REGISTRATION opens today! Visit ReFoReMo to register.
And start requesting those books! Find the book list here.
I’ve printed the book list and registered for ReFoReMo. Who’s with me?